Apache/Nagios issue

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jun 16 17:04:58 CEST 2004

Jennifer Fountain <mailto:jfountain at rbinc.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I am not sure what is going on but when I changed the password of a
> user, I get the following error:
>
> Server error!
> The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete
> your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error
> in a CGI script.
> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
>
> This is the command I used:
>
> htpasswd /usr/local/nagios/share/.htaccess user1
>
> Can anyone shed any light as to what is going on?

That's an apache error message and your apache error log _should_
contain more information detailing the exact nature of the problem. We
could speculate all day on the reason but your logs will be more
helpful. It could be permissions, it could be an apache misconfiguration
or it could be that there is truly an error in the page, whatever it may
be, that you are trying to access.

--
Marc