"Cost" of Nagios

Flak Magnet flakmagnet at tabletop-battlezone.com
Wed Jun 16 15:53:59 CEST 2004

Part of my employer's employee review process includes a requirement to
submit, in writing a continuous improvment suggestion, something that
basically improves efficience in some way.

The implementation of Nagios definitely fits the bill as an improvment
over our network monitoring prior to Nagios was our users.  (*Ring*
Hey, I can't check my email!)  I'm just having trouble trying to
quantify the savings...

Does anybody here pay for (or charge for) a Nagios installation?  I
figure if I can get an idea of what Nagios costs to implement, then I
can base my continuous improvment paperwork on that...

(Considering the time that CI takes in a given year, a CI has already
been submitted to do away with the CI process entirely...  It was
rejected by the people who were hired specifically to run our CI
process... go figure)

--

--Tim
"I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, m'kay?" -- Office