Install Problems Fedora 2

Matt mattm at parcom.net
Tue Jun 15 23:50:25 CEST 2004

Hello,

Has anyone tried to install Nagios 1.2 on Fedora 2 yet? Currently I am
attempting to do so BUT, I have hit a snag.

My Error:

make[1]: *** [statusmap.cgi] Error 1

What I have done:

1. Downloaded the latest Nagios package, uploaded and followed the
instructions to the "Run the Configure Script" part.
2. Ran Configure script, had the GD problem (no surprise)
3. Went and installed GD and the libraries needed for the image stuff.
4. Re-ran configure script, all was good!
4. Ran Make All
5. Ran into the error above.

I have successfully installed Nagios/Netsaint on many different machines
(all running some version of Redhat - latest would be RH8) and I have never
run into this issue.

I am at a loss right now and I hope that someone else has some clues as to
what the issue may be? =)

Thank you,
Matt

PS - I am installing from source, which I have always done with no issue.
One question I do have is whether anyone has used the RPM and how they like
it. Maybe I should give that a shot?