Exclude or otherwise?

Ballowe, Charles CBallowe at usg.com
Tue Jun 15 20:09:10 CEST 2004

If I do that will it override the one that is applied to the group
membership? I.E. i have a server "bar" that is a member of group "foo" and
foo is listed in the service, for example:

define service{
        use                             default
        hostgroup_name                  foo
        service_description             MEMORY
        contact_groups                  admins
        check_command                   check_nt_mem!85!90
}

I use this hostgroup in several other places and this host is a single
exception for the service. Are you suggesting that a second version of this
service only applied to a single host will prevent that host from notifying
outside of that window without removing that host from the hostgroup? If so,
that's easy enough and clean enough. I'd rather not remove it from the
logical grouping and have to add it to all of the service definitions on its
own when the goal is to only change its parameters for one.