moving from RedHat to Debian

martin at idefix.net martin at idefix.net
Tue Jun 15 15:24:40 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've been running Nagios (with MySQL support) on a RedHat 8 system for
almost a year now and its been doing fine.
As we're changing our systems into Debian now, I compiled the same code
on a fresh Debian system, copied the complete MySQL environment and etc.
etc.
Now MySQL is running smoothly, but when I try to start Nagios is complains

[1087304349] Finished daemonizing... (New PID=10857)
[1087304349] Error: Failed to grab database configuration information for status data
[1087304349] Error: Failed to grab database configuration information for retention data
[1087304349] Caught SIGSEGV, shutting down...

Nagios -is- allowed to access the DB, and all tables are present.
Does anyone have a clue what is going wrong ?
Thanks,

Martin

--
Tin will not rust or give in but melts directly when heated =B-)