Notification inconsistences?

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at axelero.hu
Mon Jun 14 20:34:33 CEST 2004

Hello everybody!

I use Nagios 1.1 on Debian Linux (2.4.18) and disabled UNREACHABLE
notifications. According to the documentation if a child host goes down
Nagios will checks its parent. If parent host goes down too, only one
DOWN notification will be sent which belongs to the parent. The child
status will be UNREACHABLE and no notification will be sent about it.

This seems to be work more or less. Sometimes I get DOWN notifications
first from a child and some minor time later from its parent too. I saw
in the event log, that in these cases Nagios schedule the child check
behind the parent check. Is that got to do with it?

I appreciate your help.

Tamas!