Host is down but there aren't any further alerts

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 14 17:31:31 CEST 2004

--On Monday, June 14, 2004 9:07 AM -0500 "Wheeler, MG" <MG at ev3.net> wrote:

> I have that with all of my hosts for some reason. They only give me one
> host down notification. I'm working through it as I got no response from
> the list and will keep you posted if I find a solution. Please let me
> know if you find a solution for yours as well.

We've seen this as well, and although I too have written to the list about
it several times, over several months, as well as other colleagues of mine
at Stanford, there has never been an answer as to why Nagios fails to alert
more than once in the host down scenario.  My only guess at this point is
that the developers feel that this isn't of much concern, since no effort
seems to be spent on figuring out what is broken in the Nagios code in this
respect.  Personally, I think having only a single host down notification
is a major issue, but I guess that's my own reasoning...

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer