nrpe.cfg question

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Jun 14 14:51:55 CEST 2004

wim.degeeter at bt.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the nrpe.cfg you can define (with 'allowed_hosts') which server is
> allowed to access to the Nagios port to check the commands. When I
> want that no pre-defined IP address can access this port what do I
> have to do. When I uncomment this option I've got this error: Host 'IP Address'
> is not allowed to talk to us.

This is, as of yet, unsupported in NRPE. I'm adding support to allow
ranges of IP-addresses (including wildcard), but insofar, it's not
supported.

> Any ideas ??

To hack your way quickly around it, you can add a line saying
return(TRUE);
to the top of the is_allowed_host() function in nrpe.c.

--
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson - NRPE Maintainer
OP5 AB
andreas.ericsson at op5.se