Multiple Dependency

Leonardo Henrique Machado leoh at dcc.ufmg.br
Fri Jun 11 19:19:43 CEST 2004

Is it possible to define multiple dependency on host_name and
dependent_host_name variables?

For example:

define hostdependency{
	host_name			Host A, Host B
	dependent_host_name		Host 1, Host 2, Host 3, Host 4
	notification_failure_criteria	d
	}

This happens in my network. The clients (Host 1,2,3,4) can be
checked just if the gateway (Host A) and the Disk Server (Host
B) are UP.

What about  hostgroups in service/hostdependency? It would be much easier
to say:

define hostdependency{
	hostgroup_name			servers-grp
	dependent_hostgroup_name	clients-grp
	notification_failure_criteria	d
	}

I did not see it on the documentation, nor in FAQs.

--
Leonardo Henrique Machado