enable performance data doesn't work

Amri Karim Karim.Amri at uptime.be
Fri Jun 11 12:34:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm having this strange problem, I can't enable performance data
processing on a nagios machine (Debian).  I have enabled this before on
many machines.
Perhaps I'm overlooking something?  The problem is that nagios never
touches /var/log/nagios/service-perfdata.out

I don't think its a permission issue either because when I do a su -
nagios, I can create the file.

Any ideas? Here is my config:

miscommand.cfg
--------------
define command{
        command_name    process-service-perfdata
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b"
"$LASTCHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICESTATE$\t$SERVICEATTEMPT
$\t$STATETYPE$\t$EXECUTIONTIME$\t$LATENCY$\t$OUTPUT$\t$PERFDATA$" >>
/var/log/nagios/service-perfdata.out
        }

nagios.cfg
----------
process_performance_data=1
service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

services.cfg
------------
define service{
        name                            generic-service
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          0
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           0
        event_handler_enabled           0
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        host_name                       Server_1
        service_description             ping
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  nagios
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }