notifications

Ryan Bohn ryan at canadawebhosting.com
Thu Jun 10 22:20:57 CEST 2004

Greetings Nagios users,

Need some help regarding notifications sent to pagers.

Right now I have a contact group setup to get all host and service
notifications. I want to be able to have a pager get the same notifications,
but only for specific hosts (for host alerts and services on the host).

As I understand the template based setup, I would have to create a least two
specific host groups, one that would have the contact group set to it's
normal location for hosts that shouldn't go to pager, the other with the
normal and pager contacts for hosts that we want the pager notifications as
well. It would then be more complex for the services; if I wanted to monitor
http on 5 hosts, but only 3 that should send notifications to a pager, I
would need to create two services with the contacts set.

Is there a better way to do this? I already have host groups setup based on
types of hosts, so I don't want to be changing them. As well, I don't want
to have to duplicate service entries just to have notifications sent to an
additional place for select hosts.

In other words, is there a setting to make all notifications for a specific
host (host and service alerts) go to an additional contact?

Thanks.

---
Ryan Bohn
Sys Admin & Tech Support