VMRL in Linux

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Jun 8 19:15:32 CEST 2004

Leonardo Henrique Machado wrote:
> Is it really possible to see the VRML Status Map in Mozilla/Linux?

I think so, but like with Java or Flash, you need the proper plugin in
the webbrowser for it.

> I have been trying to make it work for a whole week! To install the
> plugins does the person need 10 years of expirence with compilation and
> linux commands?

Not necessarily, no. It does however require that you have the correct
libraries installed beforehand. Use the 'ldd' command on the browser
plugin. That will tell you if any of them are missing.

> I have never seen it working in a linux box. Does anybody has good hints
> on installing vrml?

Nopes, sorry, but you could try the FireFox mailing list archives
(browse www.mozilla.org for them). It holds a positive abundance of
information.

> thank you.

You're welcome.