Couple Of Newbie Questions

Jeramy Eling Jeramy.Eling at britax-pmg.com
Tue Jun 8 09:28:06 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I am new to Nagios, and so far I set up the system to monitor some of our servers and switches etc. and it is working very well indeed. However I have a couple of questions which I hope someone might be able to help me with:-

Nagios Version - 1.2
OS - Redhat 9.0

1) Whenever I look at the host detail screen I see the servers and switches etc. all in green and all online. However the Status Information column simply says (Host assumed to be up). Is this normal or can I change a setting to get a more accurate response?

2) Whenever I look at the Trends graphs they are all blank or showing offline, even when the device is online and responding to queries. I have spent a couple of days on this one but still not managed to solve it. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

3) Finally, and this a beatification question. I see from the screen shots on the nagios website that the 3-D status world screen can have the small boxes as the icon for the device and not just a green box with an icon overlaid on top. Does anyone know what to change to make this happen?

Many thanks in advance for your help with these matters.

Jez