MySQL -> pros and cons

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jun 7 16:55:09 CEST 2004

Michał Margula <mailto:alchemyx at uznam.net.pl> wrote:
> Dnia pon 7. czerwca 2004 12:32, Marko Naletilic napisał:
> > Also not to forgett : Mysql support is dropped (in the nagios core)
> > for nagios>= 2.0. So everything you would do now wont be in place
> > with the nagios>next version.
>
> Thank you for your reply. Does it mean that there will be no *SQL
> support in future versions of nagios at all?

No, just that there will be no support in the nagios core. Ethan has written a generalized Event Broker that will allow external modules to register for different types of information provided by the nagios daemon. That can and will likely be used to replace and expand upon the current database support. Last I checked the documentation for that particular part of 2.0 hadn't been completed so no one has had the opportunity to begin writing those modules yet.

--
Marc