problems with history

Tomáš Macek maca02 at atlas.cz
Mon Jun 7 15:06:06 CEST 2004

Hi, I have this interesting problem:
In web interface of the nagios program I clicked Host detail\<some our host\View Notifications This Host\ and walked back in the notification history by means of the "Earlier Archive" arrow icon. But no alert history appeared, the archive file was found (there was no message that the file was not found in the web interface).
The problem is, that the sms with the "host down" came yesterday properly and was written in the log!! So where it is now???

For me, it's almost every day, that the file containing the log archive is named as 'nagios-XX-XX-XXXX-23.log' and another one with the name 'nagios-XX-XX-XXXX-00.log' is created and contains only '[1085954399] LOG ROTATION: DAILY' and nothing else. But nagios looks for the *-00.log file, so that's the problem.

Here is the output of the ls -l command of the archive directory:

-rw-r--r--    1 nagios   nagios         33 May 30 23:59 nagios-05-31-2004-00.log
-rw-r--r--    1 nagios   nagios     423307 May 31 23:59 nagios-05-31-2004-23.log

Now, I've got the patch for me, that solves this problem, but I don't know now, if the problem is at my configuration/computer or if it's a bug of nagios.

Did anyone else experienced this problem?