Configuration Problem

arussos at comune.modena.it arussos at comune.modena.it
Fri Jun 4 08:44:12 CEST 2004

Hi,
i'm new to this list as to Nagios and i'm in touble with (probably..)a beginner
question.

I installed Nagios with RPMs ( i.e. nagios-1.2-0, nagios-devel-1.2-0 and nagios-
plugins-1.3.1 ) on a server running RedHat 9. I followed the documentation and,
after adding a new Virtual-Host to my web-server(i.e. Apache_1.3.27), i've
created the .htaccess file in the cgi dir (i.e. /usr/lib/nagios/cgi ); then i
typed "htpasswd -c /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin" followed by the
passwd it requires. After setting up the web Interfaces and the Authorization
for the cgis ( i also used the AuthConfig directive in the configuration of the
Virtual-host ) i managed the example-config files in the main directory (i.e.
(etc/nagios/) in order to monitor some switches on my network as a start point.
Verifying the configuration gives me "everything OK!".
Opened a browser and typed: http://my-server/nagios/ and everyhting's ok; the
problem came out when i try the cgis (either typing http://my-server/nagios/cgi-
bin/ or trying the links on the web pages);
It brings me up a pop-up asking me User-name and Passwd: when i
type "nagiosadmin" and the correct passwd ..... it shows me the pop-up again,
and when i type "ESC" it tells me this:

"This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document
requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or
your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."

...I don't understand where's the problem...
Could anyone help me solving this problem ???

Thanks in advance to everyone will postme an answer,
Andrea.