Need a little understanding

mshirley at ysi.com mshirley at ysi.com
Thu Jun 3 23:37:11 CEST 2004

Multiple versions of different specialized products?  Support?  It's the
same situation when you compare anything commercial vs open source.  If you
were speaking about functionality i don't know enough of aprisma but I am
in the siutation where I have to justify using an open source product with
little to no support and the product be free or spend more money and get
full support.  IMHO this matters more to executives then which product has
"cooler" graphics on their gui.

Mark Shirley
IT Helpdesk
YSI Incorporated

|---------+---------------------------------------->
|         |           Phil Manuel                  |
|         |           <phil.manuel at infostream.com.a|
|         |           u>                           |
|         |           Sent by:                     |
|         |           nagios-users-admin at lists.sour|
|         |           ceforge.net                  |
|         |                                        |
|         |                                        |
|         |           06/03/2004 02:20 AM          |
|---------+---------------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  [Nagios-users] Need a little understanding                                                    |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I'm coming under pressure to use Aprisma Spectrum rather than Nagios for
monitoring our environment, it's not a big environment  6 servers, 6
switches, a couple of firewalls and some routers over two sites.

Having gone through the literature can't see anything outstanding in the
Aprisma solution that makes it so good.

Does anyone have experience of it and could give me on some feedback on
it's
strengths over Nagios ?

Thanks

reporting any issue.