httpd.conf file

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Jun 3 08:43:01 CEST 2004

RButton at redeal.co.nz wrote:
> I have added the following alias entries to the http.conf file
> Scriptalias    /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
> Alias          /nagios/ //usr/local/nagios/share/

dual '//' in Alias here.

> I have checked the format against other user postings and the official
> nagios docs
> Also onlamp.com for setup - all agree on the format and yet when I try to
> check the status
> the error message states:
> The file /nagios.cgi-bin/status.cgi?hostgroup=all cannot be found

There's a '.' after nagios, where it should be a '/'.

> My nagios install is to Red Hat 9.0 using all the default nagios
> directories at setup
> I have to type ///usr/local/nagios/share/index.html to get the web
> interface also

Err.... you have to access it via the apache socket to make apache
execute cgi's and stuff for you. If you access by file:/// url, things
won't work as expected.
If nagios and apache are installed on the local host, you can use
something like
http://localhost/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?hostgroup=all
(or https, depending on apache configuration, but that's a bit silly on
localhost)

> so none of the httpd.conf alias entries appear to work.
> I would very much appreciate any help with this matter

Read the apache configuration manual. It's even better documented than
nagios. Also, check your spelling a couple of time.

--
Andreas Ericsson
OP5 AB
andreas.ericsson at op5.se