nagios 1.2 on rhas3

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Jul 29 00:05:38 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am having some issues getting nagios 1.2 going on rhas3. I have downloaded the tar.gz and ran make, set up the user nagios and added the config lines to httpd.conf etc. (I tried the dag.rpm but got no where).

1) Which Apache will nagios run on? i am running ~ httpd-2.0.46-32.ent.3

2) how can I get nagios to debug or something, I have no errors to look at to try and find the fault.

I can browse to the server but adding the /nagios extension tells me,

Problem Report There was a communication problem.
Message ID TCP_ERROR
Problem Description The system was unable to communicate with the server.
Possible Problem Cause
*	The Web server may be down.
*	The Web server may be too busy.
*	The Web server may be experiencing other problems, preventing it from responding to clients.
*	The communication path may be experiencing problems.
Possible Solution
Try connecting to this server later.
looks like I am getting segfaults in the apache logs, when I do a http://130.x.x.x/nagios

[Thu Jul 29 09:56:23 2004] [notice] child pid 6833 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jul 29 09:56:23 2004] [notice] child pid 6834 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Jul 29 09:56:23 2004] [notice] child pid 6863 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[root at massif httpd]# date
Thu Jul 29 09:58:14 GMT+12 2004

regards

Steven