Check_Memory Error?

Eduardo Martinez emartine at bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 28 19:24:37 CEST 2004

On the client machine I get the following error and the correct output
whenever I check_memory

I run this command: ./check_memory 40 30
I get this output:  Unknown HZ value! (82) Assume 100. Status: OK - 86%
memory free.

on another machine
I run this command: ./check_memory 40 30
I get this output:  Unknown HZ value! (337) Assume 100. Status: OK - 84%
memory free.

Because of the line "Unknown HZ value!" the nagios server sees this as
an error as follows:

memory <extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=asahi&service=memory>

This service has 1 comment associated with it
<extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=asahi&service=memory#comments> 	This service
problem has been acknowledged
<extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=asahi&service=memory#comments>

	UNKNOWN 	07-28-2004 09:38:38 	0d 16h 8m 26s 	5/5 	CHECK_NRPE: Error
receiving data from daemon.

I am not sure why this error comes up but I have read many online forums
and they have attributed this error to the snmp kernel.
This is not the case for these machines since I am using the same kernel
on other machines which work fine. Anyone have a solution for this error?
I am running RHAS 3.0.

Eduardo Martinez