Pending status problem

Sebastien J. Gross sjg at easynet.fr
Wed Jul 28 18:59:11 CEST 2004

Hi,

I investigated for the flapping PENDING status for some services.

I use a local MySQL database which is replicated to each nagios servers
using a bi-directional replication.

Nagios writes the service status into the servicestatus table (which was
shared on both monitoring hosts).

The passive Nagios host (configured with execute_service_checks=0 and
enable_notifications=0) load the servicestatus from the retention table
and keeps in memory and writes it into the status tables every 30mn.

Thus not only PENDING but all retainted status are updated in the
current status table. This means some values are bogus.

One solution is to desactivate the status table from MySQL replication.

Can someone explain me why passive nagios host write information it read
from an old retention table every 30mn? Is there a way to disable this
feature?

TIA.

--
Sebastien J. Gross