Don't receive Notifications

carole verdon verdon at cict.fr
Wed Jul 28 14:13:30 CEST 2004

First, you must define a contact group with a contact, for example the group 'nagios-admin' containing as contact 'nagios administrator' with your email address. Then put it in the definition of services in services.cfg.

You can look also in misccommands.cfg the commands (e.g 'notify-by-email') defined to send notifications looks at this:

/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional
Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$" | /usr/bin/mailx -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert -
$HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$

The name of this command must be indicated in the definition of services in services.cfg.

You can try it from the command line to see what's happen and verify if it's works.

Carole.