HTTP check error

Gabriel Granger gabe at pancentric.com
Tue Jul 27 10:43:09 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I've been using Nagios for quite some time and I have what I think is
probably a small issue.  I came into work this morning after a problem
free weekend only to discover that the HTTP check for one of my hosts
keeps coming back with a "Socket timeout after 10 seconds". I have
manually checked the host from itself, from my workstation and from the
machine which nagios sits on. All machines can get to http on  that
server well within the socket timeout.  This is a production server and
therefore cannot be restarted during business hours, though I do not
believe that will fix the problem.  There have been no changes to the
server, nagios, firewall of anything really that would cause a change
in report.

if anyone has any idea how I can fix this or try to reset that status
of the check that would be most helpful.

Gabe