Hosts and Host Groups

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Jul 26 17:57:33 CEST 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> I have nagios up except all my hosts show up on the webpage
> as down. The
> webpage says, "(Not enough data to determine host status yet)."
>
> I have added the hosts to the host and host group files. Then
> I restarted
> Nagios. On the webpage when I go to Service Detail, the hosts that I
> have added do not show up. ??
>
> I can run the command line check_ping and that works fine. I
> have at least
> the check_ping associated with the hosts in the services.cfg.
>
> Does anyone know why the webpage is reporting these hosts as down?
>
> I have enclosed my .cfg files (I changed linux1, linux2,
> router1 and I added
> a host called nds1 in my cfg files.) The rest are samples.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Dave

Have you associated any service checks with your hosts?
Nagios will not check host status without service checks...

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/networkreachability.html

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)