checking hosts frequently

Ghe Rivero ghe_rivero at yahoo.es
Sun Jul 25 19:39:18 CEST 2004

Hi people,
    we are going to start to use nagios at my university and everything
works nice, but there are one thing missing. Check hosts frequenty
    Reading the docs and the faq, they say that nagios is a service
monitoring tool, not a host monitor, but there are some cases where we
don't have services to check (like routers), or we need no know if
it's the host what is down or only the service.
    Anybody know how to force for host checkings as frequenty are checks
services? I've tried with all kind of configurations but no output is
get (Just "Not enough data to determine host status yet").

Thx in advanced

    Ghe Rivero