a few questions and problems with nagios

gillian bennett gillian.bennett at celentia.com
Fri Jul 23 08:51:56 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am running nagios 1.2 on a fedora core 1.0 box. It seemed to compile
without problem, and ran all the setup and configure stuff.

1.
I had no problems with it, until I came to test out the menu items on
the web page. The option for status map doesn't work. When I went to
find out what the problem was, the cgi script statusmap.cgi was missing.
I checked in the compile dir and infact statusmap.cgi had not been
built. statusmap.c was there tho.

I have perl-GD modules installed on the machine, so what is it that I am
missing?

2. I am running nagios 1.1 on a fedora box. Again it compiled without
error and has been running now for almost a year without problem. the
problem I am having with it though is that I would like to set up
cgi.cfg to have nice icons and all that kind of thing, but I am having a
problem with the cgi.cfg file. Whenever I include it in nagios.cfg, I
get an error which says:

Error: Unexpected token or statement in file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg' on line 15.

when I look at line 15 of cgi.cfg, it is the first definition line:
main_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

I have used od on this file to see if there are non-printable characters, I have
created a new one with just a few definition lines in it, I have copied one from
another host that is running nagios, all with the same result. I have also tried m
moving the definition line in nagios.cfg to see if this makes any difference -
I thought that maybe one of the other config files had a problem and as cgi.cfg was
last it was trickling down the line ...

3.
Back in the old days of netsaint, we used to be able to setup services and hosts
via the website. Is there an option with nagios that I am just missing seeing
on the webpage because this functionality doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks, Gillian