Need to monitor by hostgroup

Joel joelseph at watchtv.net
Thu Jul 22 20:55:08 CEST 2004

Sean Dilda <agrajag <at> dragaera.net> writes:

> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 10:05, Joel wrote:
> > I have multiple hosts within a hostgroup and am trying to find a way for
only
> > one notification to be sent if any of them go down.  Dependencies are not
an
> > option, as they do not have a common dependency.  Is there any way to
setup a
> > hostgroup to send notifications instead of individual hosts?
>
> You should be able to use check_cluster to do this.  Set all the hosts
> to not notify when they're down, then setup check_cluster for those
> hosts, and set the warning level to 1.  The nagios docs has a section on
> cluster monitoring under advanced topics.

any issue.

I have this setup, I think it will do what I want....  However, I'm
getting "(Return code of 139 is out of bounds)" on all of them...  I set up a
file in /usr/local/nagios/etc/ to store the host names and used the following
check_command and command definition per nagios documentation.

check_host_cluster!2!4!/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostcluster-business.cfg

define command{
        command_name    check_host_cluster
        command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_cluster --host $ARG1$
$ARG2$ /usr/local/nagios/var/status.log < $ARG3$
        }

I believe all of my file permissions on the plugin and mentioned files are
correct.  I'm not sure where else to look.  Anyone else with experience
setting this up have any ideas?