Using 1000 hosts and 4300 service checks (Latency)

tripping tripping at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:35:46 CEST 2004

Here are the performance stats

Check Execution Time:  	< 1 sec	120 sec	1.249 sec
Check Latency:	< 1 sec	239 sec	148.365 sec

The host is a 2.8Ghz Xeon (512K cache) 2GB, and 2 10K SCSI drives..

I ran with max concurrency at 300 for a while to keep it from going
into swap.  However, to lower the Latency to what you see above, I
increased concurrency to 500.  Although the machine is going into swap
(10-15%) in has lower latency.  I'm upping it to 650 to see if the
latency drops more, if it does, I'll ask for more RAM.

Regarding the web pages loading, the php code posted earlier is great.