orphaned services?

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 00:53:24 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am getting a LOT of error messages like this in nagios.log:

[1090388805] Warning: The check of service 'DRIVE C' on host 'spanky'
looks like it was orphaned (results never came back).  I'm scheduling
an immediate check of the service...

Restarting nagios seems to fix the problem but it eventually goes back
to spewing out these errors.  What could be the problem?