System lockup nagios 1.2

Kreig Dubose kdubose at mystrotv.com
Wed Jul 21 22:26:32 CEST 2004

All-

 I seem to be having a problem whereby Nagios (as it appears) is locking up my system every 3-4 days.  I realize that this is a rather vague scenario but I don't have much else to go on.  Each time it occurs Nagios is the last entry in /var/log/messages.  It doesn't appear to be a hardware problem (or at least not one I can detect).

 The following is what I'm running:

 2.4.21-4.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 3 17:52:56 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

 Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/specs
 gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.2 2.96-128.7.2)

 Nagios 1.2
 Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
 Last Modified: 02-02-2004
 License: GPL

 NRPE Plugin for Nagios
 Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
 Version: 2.0
 Last Modified: 09-08-2003
 License: GPL with exemptions (-l for more info)

 I guess I'm mostly curios is anyone else is having an issue such as this on their RH AS box with the same Kernel ?

 Regards,
 Kreig