ngettext

Francois Rossouw fer at ucs.co.za
Wed Jul 21 16:13:01 CEST 2004

Hey all

This is probably not strictly speaking the right place, but here goes anyways....

I am attempting to compile nagios on:
Redhat 6.2
gcc version egcs-2.91.66

and, although I have managed to sort this type of error message out before... Right now, I am stumped:

When runngin make I get this:

Making all in plugins
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.0alpha1/plugins'
gcc  -g -O2  -L. -L/usr/lib -o check_procs  check_procs.o utils.o ../lib/libnagiosplug.a popen.o
check_procs.o: In function `main':
/root/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.0alpha1/plugins/check_procs.c:263: undefined reference to `ngettext'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What I don't get is the fact that another box on which nagios is running like a charm was set up exactly the same as this one, and their packages are identical.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
I am guessing I need a XXX-devel.rpm, but for the life of me I cannot figure out which one.

Thanx
--
Francois Rossouw
Systems Engineer