Faster web frontend? Using 1000 hosts and 4300 service checks

h.baecker at ecofis.de h.baecker at ecofis.de
Wed Jul 21 08:06:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

did you watched the Process Info / Perfdata for Service Checks?
We've got "only" 700 hosts with 3000 service checks on a high performance
machine that even doesn't swap, but we've got a check latency around 60 -
300 seconds.

How are your latencys? Would you please tell me your "secret" if you don't
have such big latency?!?

Best regards

Hendrik

tripping <tripping at gmail.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
20.07.2004 20:33

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
[Nagios-users] Faster web frontend? Using 1000 hosts and 4300 service
checks

Performance apears to be fine, I've tuned nagios.cfg so that the
machien doesn't swap. (has 2GB RAM)

The only bottleneck at the moment seems to be the cgi's.  I'm guessing
this is because of reparsing the config files on every call to a cgi.

Has anyone found or implemented their own web front-end that simply
parses log files and throws up a simple page?

reporting any issue.