Faster web frontend? Using 1000 hosts and 4300 service checks

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Tue Jul 20 22:41:37 CEST 2004

I'm suffering from the exact same problem, and yes, after applying the
chained hash patch that introduces the cgis to glib, the biggest
bottleneck is the constant repulling of all the status data.

Apparently the nagios 2.0 code in cvs caches object data, but I'm not
convinced that's going to be good enough. Does anybody know about the
status of keeping, er, status data in a database in 2.0? It seems that
database support has been yanked, for some reason....