How do I put a greater delay between checks?

Terry Poperszky Terry.Poperszky at SOSStaffing.Com
Tue Jul 20 19:51:51 CEST 2004

> Have you changed interval_length in nagios.cfg?  I don't see how you could
> have retried so fast otherwise.
>
> The value you'll want to tweak after that is retry_check_inteval which is
> multiplied by the interval_length above to determine elapsed secnods
> between non-OK checks.
>
> Timing Interval Length
>
> Format: 	interval_length=<seconds>
> Example: 	interval_length=60
> This is the number of seconds per "unit interval" used for timing in the
> scheduling queue, re-notifications, etc. "Units intervals" are used in the
> host configuration file to determine how often to run a service check, how
> often of re-notify a contact, etc.
>
> Important: The default value for this is set to 60, which means that a
> "unit value" of 1 in the host configuration file will mean 60 seconds (1
> minute). I have not really tested other values for this variable, so
> proceed at your own risk if you decide to do so!
> Demetri Mouratis
> dmourati at linfactory.com

Then I am not a total idiot! What a relief.  Thank you, Demetri, that is
what I understood from the documentation as well. No, I haven't changed
interval_length and yes it is still set to 60. Any other suggestions?

Terry