Authentication problem

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Mon Jul 19 17:19:46 CEST 2004

Hello Sand. Thanks very much for your suggestions.

I did find information in the change log about authentication but still
to no avail.

"Authorization changes - Authorization for access to hostgroups in the
CGIs has been changed. You must now be authorized for all hosts that are
members of the hostgroup in order to be authorized for the hostgroup."

I assume "authorized for the host" means you are listed as a contact for
that host?

Here is some detail on my settings, perhaps someone can see whats wrong.

cgi.cfg
-------
use_authentication=1
authorized_for_system_information=wangster
authorized_for_configuration_information=wangster
authorized_for_all_services=wangster
authorized_for_all_hosts=wangster
authorized_for_all_service_commands=wangster
authorized_for_all_host_commands=wangster

contacts.cfg
------------
define contact{
        contact_name                    wangster
}

contactgroups.cfg
-----------------
define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       bhb-admins
        alias                   Administrators
        members                 wangster
        }

hosts.cfg
---------
define host{
        name                   generic-host
        contact_groups  bhb-admins
}

define host{
        use                     generic-host
}

The only way I can get it to work is by setting:

default_user_name=wangster

The rest of the time I can't access anything and it indicates "logged in
as: ?" in the upper left. When I say "logged in" I mean I am using
apache .htaccess style authentication.

This was a working configuration under 1.2 so it must have something to
do with the way 2.0 authenticates with its hosts and contacts?

Regards,

John