Authentication problem

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Sat Jul 17 21:22:16 CEST 2004

I'm trying out Nagios v2.0a1 and I am having a problem with
authentication.

I've setup Nagios based on a 1.2 version I had installed previously.
Everything seems to be good with nagios itself, it is checking hosts and
sending notifications etc.

When I browse to nagios I get the login box and I authenticate normally.
So far so good. Problem is nagios keeps telling me that I'm not
authorized to see any information.

The upper left corner says "Logged in as ?".

I've gone up and down through the docs for authentication (which appear
to be unchanged from 1.2) and I can't find anything wrong.

In cgi.cfg I have:

use_authentication=1

and I have tried the various:

authorized_for_xxxx settings as "*", specific username, and even
commented out, all to no avail.

I assume that nagios isn't picking up the fact that I've logged in for
some reason and thats the root of the problem. Perhaps there is a new
setting in 2.0 which I need to enable in order to have nagios realize I
logged in?

Thanks for any help.

--
John Lange