Nagios process located wrong in status map

Flak Magnet (Tim) flakmagnet at tabletop-battlezone.com
Thu Jul 15 17:41:25 CEST 2004

On Thursday 15 July 2004 8:24 am, Patrick Stockton wrote:
> But this brings me to a second question and it has to do with how Nagios
> does a host or service check.  I have some hosts in San Antonio which I am
> checking as well.  A ping from Bronson has to travel to Oxford first and
> then travel to San Antonio all via frame relay.  By re-aligning the parents
> will nagios allow for more time from a return from say a host in San
> Antonio than say my site server which is sitting right next to the nagios
> box also a child of the bronson router?

Not automagically.  You need to define the ping time and packet loss
thresholds at which you want warned or notified.  Example:

check_command   check_ping!200.0,20%!300.0,60%

This check-command will warn at >200ms and >20% packet loss, but go critical
at >300ms and >60% packet loss.  If that's too short of a time-frame, you
should change the numbers to suit.

Of course, the above example assumes you have the default check_ping command
defined in checkcommands.cfg, which unless you changed it after installation,
you almost certainly do.

Thanks for the link to the VRML viewer, it works, but I was hoping for a Linux
one.  *frumple*

--
--Tim
The moment one accepts the idea that dissent is unpatriotic,