Dependencies - again

Ian Davidson idavidso at juniper.net
Thu Jul 15 13:54:31 CEST 2004

Hi all,

[I¹ve seen a few emails on this group about nagios 2.0.....but cannot find
the software itself anywhere!? Any pointers? Has this tool died-a-death in
terms of development?]

Now, the real reason for my email. My struggle with service dependancies.

I¹m running a distributed monitoring system where remote-servers send their
host/service checks back to a central server for processing. Prior to any
host or service notifications being sent out, I want to ensure that the
reason for the notification being sent ISN¹T due to a DNS-lookup problem of
the hosts name. (all my config files use DNS names for the host_name).

Any clues on how to do this? All I can gather from the documentation is that
you can do this on a host-by-host basis, but not as a general thing.

Cheers,

Ian