nagios usage/question...

Peter McAlpine peter at mcalpinecomputing.net
Wed Jul 14 21:18:11 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 10:54:47AM -0400, Sean Dilda wrote:
<snip>
> > - ability to perform remote admin of some client apps
>
> Nagios has a nice event handler setup.  This allows you to run an
> arbitrary script/program when a service/host changes state.  For
> instance if it detects the webserver is down, you can have the event
> handler run a script to try to start the webserver up again.

</snip>

I'm currently setting this up for our 24/7/365.25 monitoring at my
workplace...

Is it possible to delay execution of an event handler until
confirmation is received (via the cgi's) that we actually _want_ to
execute said event handler? I don't like the idea of trusting nagios
to auto start things without checking with the on-duty tech-support
personell.

-Peter