Nagios 1.2 will not start-- missing lib ?

Michael Gale michael.gale at utilitran.com
Wed Jul 14 19:14:46 CEST 2004

Hello,

	Thanks for the info ... I was able to solve the problem ... I did run ldconfig a few times with out success. I ran the
following command:

strace /home/nagios/bin/nagios /home/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Which pointed out all the directories where nagios was looking for the lib. I thought that it was odd that I compiled
nagios with --with-mysql-lib=/usr/local/mysql-source/lib/mysql/ but when I ran nagios it did not look there ?

Anyways moving the libs to a directory that nagios checks fixed the problem.

Michael.

--
Michael Gale
Network Administrator