Host Check Scheduling !

Sumit Malhotra smalhotra at dataarmor.net
Wed Jul 14 13:06:41 CEST 2004

Any “one” can answer it please?

Regards,
Sumit Malhotra
Data Armor
HYPERLINK "http://www.dataarmor.net"www.dataarmor.net
-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Sumit
Malhotra
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 6:15 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Host Check Scheduling !

Hi All!

I am using nagios 1.2 with nsca for monitoring hosts on Windows and
Unix. Thinks Wok Great !
But as the feature of Passive Host Check is Missing. Many alert (
Against Services) comes up !

As the Firewall doesn't allow anything to reach to host. I devised my
own hack to make it work .Here is what I did.

I devised a Shell script who checks for service checks received within
last n minutes   and let it run as host check ..
 So if there is no check received  since last n minutes then the alert
will be fired .
 It works fine  As i have suppressed the alerts to an extent.

 The Above " hack" works fine as along as Freshness check of the
services of the host ( that has went down) is greater than  the Time  at
which next host check is scheduled otherwise the same problem pops up
again .
 Is there a way to schedule the host checks separately ?

the configuration and other documentation states scheduling of Service
check ... How to manipulate scheduling of host check ???

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Sumit

---