Nagios Truncated return string

Al Smith al_smyth at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 02:18:57 CEST 2004

Except... this is the nagios database, not my own database, and the column for return strings is of type BLOB, and all the other return strings are saved fully... BTW - the string saved inclludes the 'OK: ' as well as the '0'

-Al

jeff vier <jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com> wrote:

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 20:22 -0700, Al Smith wrote:
> return the string
>
> OK: 0.8
>
> The problem is with the value stored in the MySQL database,
> and displayed on the web page, is 0. So, when amp usage on the
> unit is low, I get an alarm telling me it is zero!
>
> Has anyone else seen the trucated value like this?

Sounds like you've set your column to INT (or SMALLINT, BIGINT, etc).

read http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Numeric_types.html carefully.