Setting status of returned plugin output

Wood, Thomas H. (UNIX) ThomasH.Wood at zcsterling.com
Fri Jul 9 19:22:48 CEST 2004

I've been looking through the nagios and nagios plugin doc trying to
determine how to configure nagios such that output returned by a plugin
is good.  Here's the rub:

I'm trying to determine whether a process on a remote Solaris box is
running.  I haven't messed around with nrpe on that system yet and have
access already in place via key exchange.  So I use check_by_ssh to
connect and run bssp -a | grep bprd (it's a netbackup thing).  If I get
back something like "root 2676 1 0 Jul 07 ? 0:03
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprd" then I know the process is running and my
backups won't fail.  Right now Nagios flags that as unknown status and
clutters up my pristine tactical view with a flag.  So how do I get
Nagios to recognize this an OK state?

Thanks

Thomas Wood