Memory leak?

Tom Throckmorton throck at duke.edu
Fri Jul 9 19:02:18 CEST 2004

On 07/09/2004 10:50 AM, Matt Millard wrote:

>Basically what I'm seeing is that when I start up Nagios it utilizes about 4MB of memory.  If I don't restart the process for 24-48 hours then it will utilize all 1.25GB of memory on our system.  I've tried turning off a couple of the service checks, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  Anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences?  Any more information needed?
>nagios-1.2-0.rhel3.dag

Matt,

Dag seems to be building all his packages with  --enable-embedded-perl
(see
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/nagios/_buildlogs/nagios-1.2-0.rhel3.dag.i386.log.bz2,
e.g.)
which causes the nagios process to be larger, and may in fact have a
leak (though i've not verified this).  Your best bet is to rebuild
without this option enabled, unless of course you need it ;-)

I found that rebuilding without the embedded-perl option resulted in
nagios processess about 1.5MB in size, w/out any memory consumption
problems.

Hope this helps,

-tt

--