NRPE-Checks on some commands result in CRC32-Errors

Alexander Puff mailli1 at online-skating.de
Fri Jul 9 14:37:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have got a problem with a Nagios 1.2 installation - I check different
remote
hosts via nrpe. All works fine with check_load, check_disk, check_swap.
But if I try check_mailq, I get CRC32 errors from check_nrpe.

check_nrpe definition:
  define command{
        command_name    check_nrpe
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
        }

service definition on monitoring host:
  define service{
       use                             tpl_service_local-linux-server

       host_name                       xyz
       service_description             MAILQ
       contact_groups                  admins
       check_command                   check_nrpe!check_mailq
       }

nrpe configuration on remote host:
  command[check_mailq]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mailq -w 10 -c 20 -M
exim

On the monitoring host, both nagios and commandline result in crc32 error. A
local
commandline execution of check_mailq on the remote host works fine 8(

Anybody an idea, how to debug those crc32 errors ?

Thanx in advance,
Alex.