Monitoring Dell stuff?

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Thu Jul 8 16:26:52 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 01:34, Sand Philipp wrote:
> Dell Open Mange is really great. Doesn't work with every Kernel, but ok
> *g*
> BTW, has anyone kind of integrated Dell Open Mange into Nagios yet?
> I think about a plugin, which just checks the DOM if the whole server is
> ok (just this one status data, not all)
> And if tehre appears any Problem it returns the warning message from DOM
> and you can directly connect to DOM via hyperlink to look further.
> Same thing I need for Compaq/HP Insight Manager and IBM Director... I
> tried the check_insight plugin, but couldn't get it to run :-/
> Any suggestions?

Go to http://www.duke.edu/~sean/nagios/ and download my check_om
plugin.  Its written in python and uses snmpget to check OM through
snmp.  If everything's ok, it reports that.  If somehting is not ok,
it'll report the status (Non-critical -> warning ; critical -> critical)
and the component that's having problems.  If you want to know the exact
error, you have to check that yourself.  One known bug is that hardware
log errors show up as an error in an unknown component as I haven't
found the right OID to query for that.