/usr/local/nagios/etc not present after compiling ....

h.baecker at ecofis.de h.baecker at ecofis.de
Thu Jul 8 10:16:15 CEST 2004

Hi,

did you try to:

make install-config

?

Tis Unix <unixdocs72 at yahoo.co.uk>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
08.07.2004 10:01

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
[Nagios-users] /usr/local/nagios/etc not present after compiling ....

Hi,

First post to this list after just compiling nagios ... I am having a few
problems but will tackle one at a time.

First thing ... After compiling Nagios successfully (well that's what it
tells me), this is what I get in /usr/local/nagios -

[root at richemontdev]> cd /usr/local/nagios/
[root at richemontdev]> ls -al
total 12
drwxr-xr-x   6 root     other        512 Jul  7 12:30 .
drwxr-xr-x  30 root     other       1024 Jul  7 09:43 ..
drwxrwxr-x   2 nagios   nagios       512 Jul  7 12:29 bin
drwxrwxr-x   2 nagios   nagios       512 Jul  7 12:29 sbin
drwxrwxr-x   8 nagios   nagios       512 Jul  7 12:29 share
drwxrwxr-x   3 nagios   nagios       512 Jul  7 12:30 var
Why is there no etc directory ?? In the documentation, it said I should
have the following -

Directory Structure And File Locations
Change to the root of your Nagios installation directory with the
following command...
cd /usr/local/nagios
You should see five different subdirectories. A brief description of what
each directory contains is given in the table below.

Sub-Directory
Contents
bin/
Nagios core program
etc/
Main, resource, object, and CGI configuration files should be put here
sbin/
CGIs
share/
HTML files (for web interface and online documentation)
var/
Empty directory for the log file

Why is this ??
Thanks in advance