Cisco

kevin krcalhoo at mtu.edu
Wed Jul 7 20:37:50 CEST 2004

ilopez at jalisco.gob.mx wrote:

> Hi
> I saw  the Kevin Calhoon`s plug about snmp to check cisco devices I would
> like to use it .
> Could you tell me where I can get information about it to install it and
> use it.

It is a perl program so you don't need to install it.  Just copy it to
you libexe directory and give it the proper execute permissions.
However, if you don't have all the library it uses then it will error
out.  The easiest way to install perl librarys that I have found is
using cpan.org.  You can install them from the command line by typing
#perl -MCPAN -eshell

Getopt::Long, Net::SNMP are necessary for the plugin to work.  If you
don't want RRDs just uncomment it, and set my $WITH_RRD = 0;

All the documentation is in the standard plugin format
#./check_cisco_cpu -h
Other notes are made in the comments of the script.

Before I forgot to mention that I wrote it for a Cisco Catalyst 4006.  I
don't know if it will work on any other devices, but you can always try.
  All you would need to do is look up the oid on cisco's(or other
manufacturers) web site, and replace the one used in the script.
Kevin Calhoon