RES: The Nagios: Reloaded (Rewriting Nagios)

Eduardo Moura eduardo.moura at telway.com.br
Wed Jul 7 17:30:12 CEST 2004

People,

I could not agree more with the opinion of increase nagios performance of existing Nagios source. Rewrite the whole stuff in a new language it's a waste of time and energy. The tool need some improvements like on-line inclusion of hosts, services, contacts and so on without the need to restart service. The database interface, could be incremented to provide the needed perfomance. Notice that i'm just talking about the product core. If we navigate to interface, a lot of other stuff could be done.

My advice. C or C++ is a strong language and with a little effort of Quality Assurance we can evolve nagios a lot more.

Best Regards

Eduardo Moura
Telway Tecnologia