The Nagios: Reloaded (Rewriting Nagios)

tom.welsh at bt.com tom.welsh at bt.com
Wed Jul 7 17:12:11 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I also note that this guy said he would be releasing the NEW Nagios(r) not under the GPL but under a BSD licence because he preferred it!

Are you allowed to do that? Change licensing schemes I mean? I thought only the original author of the original work could change the licence model. But I may be wrong

And you would obviously be changing the name as one of the reasons for Ethan moving from Netsaint to Nagios(r) was that he could trademark the name.

Also on another point. I apologise for the nagios demo being down. I will be paying my hosting company tomorrow ( DOH!!) so hopefully it and the other squareBOX resources should be back up and running over the weekend. Apologies for any probs this may have caused.

Cheers

Tom Welsh